Dental Implants in New York City, NY
Dental implants are one of the biggest advances in dentistry of the past 40 years.
Implant dentistry has become the standard of care for tooth replacement, designed to provide a foundation that functions and looks just like natural teeth. Each dental implant is a small titanium screw that bonds with the bone (known as osseointegration). In addition, implants can help slow or stop bone loss, which occurs when the natural tooth root is lost.
Whether your New York dental implants replace one tooth or many teeth, each implant is selected based on many different factors, such as cosmetic needs, functional requirements, available bone, quality of remaining teeth, health needs, and so forth.
Below are some added benefits of dental implants:
- Permanent: A properly placed implant will fuse to the bone and become a part of your jaw.
- Long Lasting: Dental implants have a documented success rate of more than 97% and will last far beyond the life span of a bridge or denture.
- Full Functionality: Dental implants serve as an anchor for a new tooth to replace the first. The anchor will not drift or move, so you can expect to eat, chew, smile, and brush normally.
- No cavities: Cavities cannot occur in an implant-restored tooth; however, oral hygiene and routine dental visits are very important after receiving implants to ensure long-lasting success.
Implant Dentistry with Dr. Dragos
If you would like to consider your options for dental implants on Fifth Avenue, please call our office to schedule a consultation at (212) 245-5817.
During your visit, Dr. Dragos and his team will address each and all of your specific needs and considerations. As always, please feel free to provide any information you feel is important.
All dental implant cases are in-house by Dr. Dragos and our board certified oral surgeon, Dr. XXXX. With over 25 years of experience in cosmetic and implant dentistry, Dr. Dragos has the knowledge, wisdom, and experience to carefully review each detail and create a personalized treatment plan that will benefit you for many years.
Below is the typical process for implant dentistry with Dr. Dragos:
- Insertion: After determining that you are a candidate for a dental implant, Dr. Dragos will anesthetize the area and insert the implant in the place of your missing tooth.
- Integration: Over the next few months, the implant will fuse to your bone. During this time, Dr. Dragos will follow up to check on your progress.
- Placement: Once the implant is ready, Dr. Dragos will place your abutment and new custom-crown. An abutment is a small piece that connects the implant to your new tooth. Final adjustments might be recommended before placement.
We also offer mini dental implants.
Miniature implants are FDA-approved devices that are identical, yet smaller, than traditional implants. About half the diameter of standard implants, mini implants are often found stabilizing lower dentures or fixed bridgework.
These implants can often be placed in just a single appointment and used immediately. The cost is 50-70% of standard dental implants.
Ready to Learn More?
We’d love to meet with you and determine whether you are a good candidate for dental implants. Call our Fifth Avenue dental office today to schedule your consultation with Dr. Dragos!